There are lots of ways to encourage customers to buy. When considering various avenues to promote sales, there are a few things you need to think about.
- There is always a cost involved with any option to promotion your business. Promotion costs either money or time. If it’s not costing you money, it is costing you time.
- Regardless of the methods of promotion you choose to use, it is important to track the results to make sure you are getting the response you want and hope for. For example, if you send out emails regularly to encourage sales, you need to track the percentage of people who open the emails, click through to the offer and how many take the final step and buy.
Shown below is an example of one low-cost way to promote your products.
Research has shown that reviews from other customers are as important to those who are thinking of buying from you as are reviews from “an expert” or someone famous. Using testimonials from past or current customers can and will encourage new customers to purchase.
Ask your customers to review your products or service or provide a testimonial with the reasons why they buy from you.
Once you have got these testimonials use them in different ways:
- Ask customers to phone and record their testimonial or review. Use these recorded testimonials on your business phone for callers to hear while they are on hold. These reviews will be a lot more effective than music.
- Put customer testimonials on your website. Have a tab for Reviews or Testimonials.
- Ask customers to leave reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp and other popular review sites.
- Have a book of customer testimonials in the winery or store that people can browse through while they are waiting.
- Put customer reviews at the bottom of your outgoing emails in the area of your contact information.
- If you are doing these things, ask customers if they have seen the reviews or testimonials and if the service, products, etc. have lived up to reviews they read
Remember, peer reviews are important to other customers.
A tip of the glass from me to you!